Synthetic diamond production is key to the development of quantum metrology and quantum information applications of diamond.
The major quantum sensor and qubit candidate in diamond is the nitrogen vacancy (NV) color center.
Prof. Dr. Jörg Wrachtrup
E-Mail to Prof. Dr. Jörg Wrachtrup
E-Mail to Claudia Unger
3. Physikalisches Institut
How to find us
The 3. Physikalisches Institut is located on the campus in Stuttgart-Vaihingen, Pfaffenwaldring 57 (building NWZ II, 6th floor) with excellent transport connections:
Motorway A8 Karlsruhe – München
From the highway junction ‘Stuttgart’ follow routes A81/A831 (direction Vaihingen/Stuttgart), take the 3rd exit ‘Universität’, follow Universitätsstrasse for about 1,2 km. After passing by the green ‘S’ (for S-Bahn = subway) sign, make a right turn into Pfaffenwaldring. The big grey block-shaped building on your right is no 57. Free parking is available on ‘Almandring’, the street to your left.
By public transportation:
(‘Hauptbahnhof’), three subway lines (‘S-Bahn’) are serving the station ‘Universität’:
- S1 – direction Herrenberg
- S2 or S3 (to Vaihingen/Flughafen/ Filderstadt)
They run every 5 – 10 minutes leaving from track 101, and the journey takes approx. 15 minutes.
, take either:
- S2-direction Schorndorf or
- S3-direction Backnang.
Trains depart every 10 – 20 minutes from track 2 and it is an 18-minutes ride.
Hints for S-Bahn users:
- Tickets are available from ticket machines and for either trip must be valid for 2 zones. For further information on multiple-trip-tickets or weekly/monthly passes, and detailed train schedules please visit: Verkehrsverbund Stuttgart.
- From ‘Universität’ station it is less than 5-minutes walking distance to the institute (follow signs to NWZII). At the S-Bahn station ‘Universität’ take the North exit (signposted ‘Universität’).
- For timetable details see “EFA Baden-Württemberg”.