Newly discovered van der Waals materials like MoS2, WSe2, hexagonal boron nitride (h-BN) and recently C2N have sparked intensive research to unveil the quantum behavior associated with their 2D structure.
Prof. Dr. Jörg Wrachtrup
E-Mail to Prof. Dr. Jörg Wrachtrup
E-Mail to Claudia Unger
3. Physikalisches Institut
How to find us
The 3. Physikalisches Institut is located on the campus in Stuttgart-Vaihingen, Pfaffenwaldring 57 (building NWZ II, 6th floor) with excellent transport connections:
Motorway A8 Karlsruhe – München
From the highway junction ‘Stuttgart’ follow routes A81/A831 (direction Vaihingen/Stuttgart), take the 3rd exit ‘Universität’, follow Universitätsstrasse for about 1,2 km. After passing by the green ‘S’ (for S-Bahn = subway) sign, make a right turn into Pfaffenwaldring. The big grey block-shaped building on your right is no 57. Free parking is available on ‘Almandring’, the street to your left.
By public transportation:
(‘Hauptbahnhof’), three subway lines (‘S-Bahn’) are serving the station ‘Universität’:
- S1 – direction Herrenberg
- S2 or S3 (to Vaihingen/Flughafen/ Filderstadt)
They run every 5 – 10 minutes leaving from track 101, and the journey takes approx. 15 minutes.
, take either:
- S2-direction Schorndorf or
- S3-direction Backnang.
Trains depart every 10 – 20 minutes from track 2 and it is an 18-minutes ride.
Hints for S-Bahn users:
- Tickets are available from ticket machines and for either trip must be valid for 2 zones. For further information on multiple-trip-tickets or weekly/monthly passes, and detailed train schedules please visit: Verkehrsverbund Stuttgart.
- From ‘Universität’ station it is less than 5-minutes walking distance to the institute (follow signs to NWZII). At the S-Bahn station ‘Universität’ take the North exit (signposted ‘Universität’).
- For timetable details see “EFA Baden-Württemberg”.